Strict Standards: Non-static method Protector::getInstance() should not be called statically in /home/martiala/public_html/community/xoops_trust_path/modules/protector/include/precheck_functions.php on line 12

Strict Standards: Non-static method Protector::get_bad_ips() should not be called statically in /home/martiala/public_html/community/xoops_trust_path/modules/protector/include/precheck_functions.php on line 16

Strict Standards: Non-static method Protector::ip_match() should not be called statically in /home/martiala/public_html/community/xoops_trust_path/modules/protector/include/precheck_functions.php on line 17

Strict Standards: Non-static method XoopsLogger::instance() should not be called statically in /home/martiala/public_html/community/include/common.php on line 109

Strict Standards: Non-static method XoopsLogger::instance() should not be called statically in /home/martiala/public_html/community/class/logger.php on line 228

Strict Standards: Non-static method XoopsLogger::instance() should not be called statically in /home/martiala/public_html/community/class/logger.php on line 228
Blogs - MCM

Advertisement

Blogs::Articles

2017-05-28T13:39:31+08:00
article

One of the only things combat fans want to talk about these days is a potential boxing showdown between Conor McGregor and Floyd Mayweather. While one side has already signed and the other projects to sign, the lucrative superfight remains a pipe dream until it actually happens. But just because a bout agreement isn't in place doesn't mean we can't speculate and ramp up the intensity.

Just look at this epic promotional video shown above courtesy of Youssef Hannoun via YouTube.

As one of the most anticipated fights ever, McGregor vs. Mayweather would produce incredible press conferences and sound bites capable of ranking among the all-time best. So even though this promo video looks and sounds completely badass, it's only the tip of the iceberg.

For now, clips like this one are about the only things fight fans can lean on as the combat world awaits Mayweather's contract decision. It's going to be a bumpy road for all parties involved, but if "Money" wants to bank another $100 million for showing up and picking apart his competition, he'll sign quickly.

2017-05-28T10:30:00+08:00
article

Glover Teixeira has seen it all throughout his five years competing under UFC rule. From earning a title shot opposite Jon Jones to getting knocked out cold by Anthony Johnson in just 13 seconds, the Brazilian power puncher has experienced the highs and lows of a UFC light heavyweight contender. Before Teixeira tries to build on his second UFC title run tomorrow afternoon (Sun., May 28, 2017) at UFC Fight Night 109 live on FOX Sports 1 from inside Ericsson Globe arena in Stockholm, Sweden, when he takes on Alexander Gustafsson, the 37-year-old put some time aside to reflect on his promotional tenure.

"It's good. I like it, I like it," said Teixeira in a recent interview with UFC.com. "I mean, I thought I would be the champion by now, but life take a different ways and you've gotta keep going forward and you keep working hard and get that dream to come true.

"I'm glad that things are like that and I'm glad that I'm here - still fighting and still fighting towards my dream, man."

After Teixeira lost to "Rumble" Johnson at UFC 202, he rebounded nicely with a decision win over Jared Cannonier at UFC 208 this past February. As someone who has dealt with adversity inside of the cage and within the divisional rankings, Teixeira understands how big it is to be headlining UFC Fight Night 109 this weekend in Sweden.

"It means a lot for me," said Teixeira. "I think this fight is going to open the door for a title shot; this is the fight. It makes sense when No. 2 and No. 3 guys in the world are fighting and the other guys - Jones and Cormier - are fighting. The winner of this fight will get the title fight, right?"

If Teixeira is able to stop Gustafsson on Swedish soil and prove that he is ready for another run at UFC gold, the Brazilian may get the chance to fight for the title early next year. After all, the division is screaming for top contenders after this guy left and this guy retired.

MMAmania.com will deliver LIVE round-by-round, blow-by-blow coverage of the entire UFC Fight Night 109 fight card, starting with the Fight Pass "Prelims" matches online, which are scheduled to begin at 10 a.m. ET, and then the remaining undercard balance on FOX Sports 1 at 11 a.m. ET, before the main card start time at 1 p.m. ET, also on FOX Sports 1.

2017-05-28T09:00:00+08:00
article

After seeing Cris Cyborg deck Angela Magana in the face earlier this week over some Twitter beef, and then learning that Magana was pressing charges against Cyborg, the MMA world was forced to choose sides. Either you're someone who thinks Cyborg should be held fully accountable for her actions, or you're someone who believes that fighters can physical attack other fighters over verbal social media exchanges. UFC featherweight contender and former lightweight champion Frankie Edgar is part of the latter, as the veteran recently stepped over the line to Team Cyborg.

"You run your mouth, sometimes someone's gonna check it for you," Edgar told TMZ Sports (shown above). "I don't see how a fighter can press charges for getting hit. That's just kind of crazy to me, especially if you run your mouth."

Edgar is one of the last fighters you would expect to weigh in on something like this. Still, the New Jersey native is drawing a line in the sand and defending the actions of a fighter. You may not agree with "The Answer," but Edgar is an old school fighter who would rather do his talking with his fists.

When asked how fellow fighters might view Magana's pursuit for legal justice, Edgar simply said he'd "never sue someone for a fight."

If Magana and Cyborg competed in the same weight class, this would be a fire matchup to book. For now, the legal system will have to be our combat playground.

Stick with Mania as more news pertaining to Punchgate is revealed.

2017-05-28T07:30:00+08:00
article

UFC flyweight contender Ian McCall has had a tough time staying healthy. Not only was "Uncle Creepy" yanked from his UFC Fight Night 99 matchup with Neil Seery due to what thought to be food poisoning, but he was also pulled from his bout with Jarred Brooks at UFC 208 due to gastrointestinal issues, which initially prompted New York doctors to advise removing his gallbladder. Since then, McCall has wondered what's actually going on with his body when he decides to train and cut weight before a fight.

"I have no idea what's going on, and the UFC, they can't help me," said McCall in a recent interview with MMA Junkie.

"My esophagus would do this thing - it would seize up," explained McCall. "And then I would lose blood flow to brain, then pass out. Then I'd end up throwing up from anywhere from an hour to on and off for a couple of days. That was happening during the (Justin) Scoggins training camp, and the (Ray) Borg camp. I was in and out of the hospital."

After his UFC 208 fallout, McCall left Brooklyn under the assumption that UFC would take care of any medical expenses pertaining to his issue. That wasn't the case.

"They told me when I was leaving New York that I'd be covered; everything I needed would be covered," said McCall. "I'm like, 'Cool, I can finally figure this out. I can finally get this done and do all the tests and make sure I'm not dying or some (expletive).' But I got home, and I got a phone call that said, 'Hey, man, we're sorry. We can't cover you.'"

"It is (the UFC's) fault, but at the same time, it's not," added McCall. "They've got an insurance plan that doesn't help us."

With no medical coverage in place to figure out what is exactly happening to his body pre-fight, "Uncle Creepy" doesn't know if paying out of pocket to determine the cause is actually worth it, especially for what he's making with his current UFC contract.

"If I do ever fight again, it will be a lot more money than $16,000 and $16,000," said McCall. "That's just not worth my life and my health."

McCall's situation is truly a shame, especially considering he is one of the best contenders available in a dried up UFC flyweight division.

2017-05-28T06:00:00+08:00
article

UFC lightweight champion and all-around MMA superstar Conor McGregor conquered another market earlier this week when he become an official member of the Beats by Dre team. McGregor, who has also had ties to automobile king Rolls Royce and Infinity Ward's Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare video game, released the following statement yesterday (Fri., May 26, 2017) via Instagram regarding his new partnership:

As MMA's highest grossing fighter, McGregor is continuously pushing for more fame and lucrative opportunities. This new deal falls into both categories. Beats by Dre is one of the most popular and innovative music audio brands in the world, so McGregor will have plenty of chances to spread his wings and gain even more international notoriety in the future. He will join rock superstar Bono and rapper Drake as the main ambassadors of Beats by Dre.

The company may have snatched McGregor up at the most opportune time considering the 28-year-old UFC champ is on the cusp of challenging boxer Floyd Mayweather in a massive money fight.

Sponsored
Find us on Facebook